International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

Biochem
Journal

Printed Journal   |   Indexed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

Vol. 8, Issue 3, Part K (2024)

Impact of organic mulches on yield and quality of guava (Psidium guajava L.) under ultra high density planting system

Author(s): Nawal Kishor Sahu, Dr. GD Sahu, Dr. Deepti Patel and Maksudan
Abstract: The present investigation “Impact on effect of organic mulches on yield and quality of guava (Psidium guajava L.) under ultra high density planting system” was conducted at PFDC (Precision Farming Development Centre), Department of Fruit Science, College of Agriculture, Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Raipur during the year 2022-2023. The results revealed that the significantly maximum yield character give better results in terms of fruit length (8.04 cm), fruit width (8.71 cm), fruit volume (198.00 cc), fruit weight (196.00 g), fruit yield (18.62 kg/plant) was observed under treatment T5 (Rice husk) followed by T1 (Paddy straw) and T8 (Mushroom compost). Treatment T5 significantly maximum quality parameter - total soluble solids (12.10°Brix), minimum titrable acidity (0.19%), ascorbic acid (196.63 mg/100 g), reducing sugar (4.91%), non- reducing sugar (5.12%), total sugar (10.03%) of fruits pulp followed by T1 (Paddy straw) and T8 (Mushroom compost).
Pages: 971-974  |  145 Views  50 Downloads


International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
How to cite this article:
Nawal Kishor Sahu, Dr. GD Sahu, Dr. Deepti Patel, Maksudan. Impact of organic mulches on yield and quality of guava (Psidium guajava L.) under ultra high density planting system. Int J Adv Biochem Res 2024;8(3):971-974. DOI: 10.33545/26174693.2024.v8.i3k.904
International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
Call for book chapter