International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

Biochem
Journal

Printed Journal   |   Indexed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

Vol. 8, Special Issue 5, Part A (2024)

Breeding management practices adopted by Sojat goat rearers in Rajasthan

Author(s): DK Bagri, L Gupta, DS Goswami and DL Bagdi
Abstract: This survey experiment was conducted in Pali and Jalore districts selected purposely keeping in view the fact that the district has highest goat population in Rajasthan. The results pertaining to the breeding practices revealed that the goat owners were detected heat by symptoms of both bleating and vibrating the tail free (95.62%)followed by frequent urination (73.75%), mounting on other goats (70.62%), mucous discharge (65.00%) and reduction in milk yield (55.00%); Commonly used the natural method of breeding (100%); Community bucks were the main source for breeding buck (70.63%) remaining 29.37 percent goat rearers use own reared buck; Mid heat was the main time for natural service (50%) followed by 45.00 and 5.00 percent of the respondents followed the practice in early heat and late heat, respectively.
Pages: 45-48  |  120 Views  58 Downloads


International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
How to cite this article:
DK Bagri, L Gupta, DS Goswami, DL Bagdi. Breeding management practices adopted by Sojat goat rearers in Rajasthan. Int J Adv Biochem Res 2024;8(5S):45-48. DOI: 10.33545/26174693.2024.v8.i5Sa.1117
International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
Call for book chapter