International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

Biochem
Journal

Printed Journal   |   Indexed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

Vol. 8, Special Issue 1, Part L (2024)

Prevalence of various disorders during Peri-parturient period in Gir cows in southern part of Rajasthan

Author(s): AK Verma, SK Sharma, Monika Joshi and Garima Rathore
Abstract:
The present study was conducted to find out the prevalence of various disorders during peri-parturient period. A total of 42 Gir cows falling under peri-parturient period were incorporated in the study. Out of 42 Gir cows, 47.61 percent were found affected with peri-parturient disorders. Among these 20 affected cows, 10 percent cows had mixed disorders although remaining 90 percent had single disorder. The disorders diagnosed in single disorder group in peri-parturient cows were post-parturient indigestion, sub-clinical hypocalcaemia, mastitis and retention of placenta. Whereas peri-parturient disorders present in mixed forms were milk fever and sub-clinical mastitis; and post-parturient metritis and lameness. Sub-clinical mastitis alone was observed in 9.52 percent cows, post-parturient indigestion and sub-clinical hypocalcaemia alone were observed in 7.14 percent cows each. Further, lameness, mastitis and post-parturient metritis alone were found in 4.76 percent Gir cows each. Milk fever and retention of placenta alone were observed in 2.38 percent cows each. In mixed peri-parturient disorders, milk fever and sub-clinical mastitis; and post-parturient metritis and lameness were observed in 2.38 percent cows each.
Pages: 915-918  |  202 Views  81 Downloads


International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
How to cite this article:
AK Verma, SK Sharma, Monika Joshi, Garima Rathore. Prevalence of various disorders during Peri-parturient period in Gir cows in southern part of Rajasthan. Int J Adv Biochem Res 2024;8(1S):915-918. DOI: 10.33545/26174693.2024.v8.i1Sl.483
International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
Call for book chapter