International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

Biochem
Journal

Printed Journal   |   Indexed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

Vol. 8, Special Issue 1, Part B (2024)

Determination of suitable maturity index of mango (Mangifera indica L.) fruits var. Sonpari

Author(s): RV Savaliya, DK Sharma, AH Baraiya, PK Dodiya and NV Parakhiya
Abstract: Present experiment was laid out with objective to study to determine the suitable maturity stage for harvesting and its effect on post-harvest shelf life of mango fruits var. Sonpari. Treatments comprised harvesting fruits at different maturity weeks viz., 14th week, 15th week, 16th week, 17th week, 18th week and 19th week after flowering. Fruits harvested at 18th week after flowering was found highest in terms with Weight of fruits, Fruit length, Fruit diameter, Specific gravity, Fruit volume, Fruit Firmness and Pulp: Stone ratio at the time of harvesting and ripening respectively. Organoleptic Evaluation with overall acceptability and Shelf life at ambient condition were also found maximum in fruits harvested at 18th week after flowering. While, Days required for ripening and Physiological loss in weight at 3rd day, 6th day, 9th day, 12th day and 15th day were recorded minimum from this treatment. Moreover, maximum results in TSS (10.75, 22.04 °Brix), Ascorbic Acid (20.04, 12.54 mg/100 g), Reducing sugars (8.62, 13.82%), Non-reducing sugars (1.58, 1.68%) and total sugars (10.19, 15.50%) with minimum titrable acidity was found (2.18, 0.18%) at the time of harvesting and ripening respectively from this treatment.
Pages: 71-76  |  151 Views  83 Downloads
How to cite this article:
RV Savaliya, DK Sharma, AH Baraiya, PK Dodiya, NV Parakhiya. Determination of suitable maturity index of mango (Mangifera indica L.) fruits var. Sonpari. Int J Adv Biochem Res 2024;8(1S):71-76. DOI: 10.33545/26174693.2024.v8.i1Sb.287
International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
Call for book chapter