International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research

Biochem
Journal

Printed Journal   |   Indexed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

Vol. 8, Issue 1, Part B (2024)

Determination of sero-prevalence of brucellosis in sheep (Ovis aries) in Bikaner district of Rajasthan

Author(s): Mahaveer Suresha, Priyanka Karela, K Gururaj and Anju Chahar
Abstract: Brucellosis occurs worldwide in domestic animals such as cattle (B. abortus), sheep (B. ovis), sheep and goats (B. melitensis), dogs (B. canis), pigs (B. suis), desert wood rats (B. neotomae) and camel due to B. abortus. In view of the epidemiology of Brucellosis in India the topic on the prevalence of this disease in the sheep population of Bikaner District of Rajasthan state was carried out. Age-wise and Sex-wise prevalence of Brucellosis carried out along with the overall prevalence of the disease using Indigenous ELISA. A total number of 100 sheep sera samples were screened. The age-wise prevalence was detected as 06.25 percent in less than 6-month age group, 13.15 percent in 6-12 months age group and 19.56 percent in more than 12 months age group. Sex-wise sero-prevalence was detected as 06 percent and 09 percent in male and female sheep respectively. An overall seroprevalence of Brucellosis was found to be 15 percent. The current findings revealed that Brucellosis infections is more prevalent in Bikaner District of Rajasthan.
Pages: 131-133  |  162 Views  72 Downloads


International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
How to cite this article:
Mahaveer Suresha, Priyanka Karela, K Gururaj, Anju Chahar. Determination of sero-prevalence of brucellosis in sheep (Ovis aries) in Bikaner district of Rajasthan. Int J Adv Biochem Res 2024;8(1):131-133. DOI: 10.33545/26174693.2024.v8.i1b.327
International Journal of Advanced Biochemistry Research
Call for book chapter